3rd Friday is pleased to announce its line-up for the 2017 outdoor season.
Downtown Salisbury’s monthly art and entertainment street fair uses themes April through November to spur creativity and to develop community partnerships.
Themes can be used to draw attention to community issues and trends, or just to have some plain old fashioned fun.
- The 3rd Friday outdoor season begins on April 21 with a “Sustainable Salisbury” theme, highlighting environmental initiatives, local resource groups and all things spring.
- May 19 will be a recurring theme, “Urban Artscapes,” and will highlight architecture, public art, and urban issues.
- The June 16 theme is “Paw Prints,” and it’s all about our four legged friends, so bring the pooch.
- July 21 will be “Anything Goes,” and it’s going to be a wild, crazy, catch-all month full of surprises.
- The Aug. 18 3rd Friday is all about skateboarding and counterculture, with a ‘Mohawks and Misfits’ theme.
- Sept. 15 is let’s do the “Time Warp” in Downtown Salisbury. Join us as we travel backward and forward in time.
- Oct. 20 is Salisbury’s fan-favorite tradition, “Comic Con,” so get those costumes ready.
- On Nov. 17, the season wraps up with ‘Holiday Bazaar’, your last chance to stock up of hand-crafted gifts from all our local vendors.
3rd Fridays continue December through March, but vendors are not hosted, and the local shops and restaurants events and activities are advertised.
3rd Friday themes are a jumping off point for Downtown businesses, community groups, and the public to get creative, whether it’s planning a special event, or simply planning your outfit.
Themes help keep things exciting and the 3rd Friday volunteers work hard each year to select concepts that are broad and inclusive, but also fun and inspiring.
Said Salisbury Mayor Jake Day: “3rd Friday is the signature free arts and entertainment event in the Salisbury Area. Thousands looks forward to 3rd Friday every month. Even in the winter, I look forward to the deals and events at our Downtown restaurants and shops. It’s hard to believe that this grassroots community event is now in its eighth year.”
3rd Friday is a free once-monthly art & entertainment festival in Downtown Salisbury. For more information visit 3rdFridaySby.com.
To be a vendor at 3rd Friday you must be an artist, crafter or nonprofit organization, and you must register by emailing a description of what you hope to set-up to 3rdFridaySby@gmail.com.
3rd Friday is a Downtown economic development initiative and a project of the Salisbury Arts & Entertainment District in partnership with the city of Salisbury.
Jamie Heater is with 3rd Friday